Monday, June 15, 2009

Breaking Our own personal Rules!

Happy Monday To All!

Every person has their own rules. Things that we make up to keep our standards and ourselves in line. And we try not to break them because well it usually doesn't end well since we broke a rule.

Right now I cannot name all of things that are personal rules to me. We have discussed the whole white shoes what time of year situation. Hard and fast rule, no doubt. Another one that comes to mind right away is making public declarations. I rarely do, at least I try not make any public declarations. Especially for something I am going to do!

Well last week, I threw caution to the wind and declared right here on this very page that I would do a 10 day challenge. 10 new creations in 10 days and post them consistently. What was I thinking?

I originally approached the idea as a great motivator to get more work done. In theory this is perfect, but carried out is a way different matter!

So while I cannot ever say that I won't take part in a challenge, I am just not going to make it so public. Besides, it keeps the surprise element going with the blog!

Today we are honoring the anniversary of the birth of Waylon Jennings. He would have been 72 today.

He had a long and storied career, getting his start with many other greats like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and the rest of old time Nashville. He was touring with Ritchie Valens and Buddy Holly and would have been on the plane that fateful day. He was also part of the Highwaymen, a group of singers that included Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. Waylon was also a big part of the country singer/outlaw movement.

While he was always a name that I recognized, he was most famous to me for the song "Good Ole Boys" and as the narrator of the Dukes of Hazard TV Show. Additionally one song "Mommas Don't Let Your Babies Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys." it always seemed a little tongue in cheek to me, but then again what good song isn't? Here is the clip..


So Thank You Mr. Jennings for your contribution to the American landscape!

So that is all for now. Off to go do something, but I not saying what it is! lol

Have a great day!

PS. You can have the entries sent to your email when I post. Just sign up at the top right of the page. I know that the YouTube clips do not appear, but i will make note of that and you can always click over to see them. Sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie