Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sunny, Snowy Saturday

Well, as predictied we have snow, about 4 inches so far and more to come this afternoon. When will winter end?

Today's birthday shout out is to the late Erma Bombeck. Born in 1927 she would have been 82. Now, those of you who might not be familiar with Ms. Bombeck's work, she was a really funny lady. A satirist, talking about the life of the average American family. I remember her spots on Good Morning America when I was a kid. (That was in the days of David Hartman and Rona Barret with Hollywood gossip). But she was always funny, my Mom would chuckle at her humor. She wrote books like "The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank" and "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits". She was a quick with and gave us a chance to laugh at ourselves. May she rest in peace.


Remember I can do shout outs for anyone. Just let me know in advance!

I am sure that I will have more to add later...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie