Friday, February 27, 2009

Of Mice and Men....

Good Morning to all!

I hope you slept well and I hope for your sake that you did not wake to the chilly, icy weather that we have here in the Chicago area! Brrrr. But they are talking 40's next week and no precipitation of any sorts. YEA!!

Look on my side blog and you will see that I have become a Twitterer!?!? Or is it Tweeter? Not sure, but I have joined and to be honest it is sort of cool! So far, everyone can follow the ins and outs of my mundane life, lol and I am following public names I recognized like the President and others. It is just interesting. Do you Twitter? Do you want to follow me on Twitter? Would you like to join Twitter? Just click on the link "Follow Me on Twitter" and it will take you there!

For today's birthday shout out I send my regards to the late John Steinbeck. Today marks the 107th anniversay of his birth. He was a great writer who wrote of the human struggle and all the things that surround it. Amoung all of his works, the book "East of Eden" was made into the movie of the same name that was a starring vehicle for James Dean.

I have spoken before that I consider myself relatively intelligent. I try at least. While John Steinbeck was surely recognizable, I am almost sad to report that I have never read any books by Steinbeck, I think I have only seen a portion of either "Of Mice and Men" or "The Grapes of Wrath", but I know a lot of "things" and dear Mr. Steinbeck was one of them.

I read his wiki page this morning to find a little fact that he enjoyed the works another author who is a fav of mine, O. Henry. That is a cool thing to have in common. (Okay, so sometimes, I am just so shallow! lol)

I love to collect quotes and from my personal collection, I give you thoughts from Mr. Steinbeck:

"A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us."

Thank you Mr. Steinbeck for all you have contributed to the furthering of the human spirit!

Thanks for reading a long and I hope you enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie