Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve Jobs

Good Morning to All!

I hope that you are having a wonderful!

Today I am going right to my Birthday Shout Out. Happy Birthday Steven Jobs who is 54 today. If the name sounds familiar, but you just cannot put your finger on it, touch your, mac computer or your ipod or your iphone or go watch Cars the movie, you have had some related interaction with Steve Jobs since he had a hand in all of those items. He with Steve Wozniak (who will be on Dancing with the Stars this season), started Apple Computer in a dorm room and it grew into the what it is today.

Instead of a picture, I have included his famous Commencement speech from Stanford in 2005. Watch it, if you have not seen it, listen to his words, it is quite moving. I have the text version printed kept in my book of quotes and inspirations and truly my favorite quote is:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Lately Mr. Jobs has been in the news as he is suffering from some additional health concerns. I send my thoughts and prayers for your comfort and speedy recovery.

Happy Birthday Steven Jobs!



And on that note, have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie