Monday, May 11, 2009

ROAK Tuesday~Happy Birthday Steve Winwood

Hello Everyone!!!

Today is Tuesday and I am beginning a new tradition for me. Today is ROAK Tuesday!

Do you remember I asked you last week to do a ROAK (Random Act of Kindness)? I am sure that it gave you a great feeling knowing that you were making someone's day! Okay so let's do it again!!!

Today's birthday shout out is Steve Winwood. He is 61 today.

Stevie, as I always knew him by, is a world class singer/songwriter and plays many instruments, especially the guitar and organ. Along with his chart topping solo career he has been in the Spencer Davis Group, Traffic and Blind Faith. He has been paired with the likes of Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Lou Reed, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Joel and many others.

His song writing credits include "Gimmie Some Lovin'" (what would the Blues Brothers be without that song?) "I'm A Man" "All Along the Watchtower" and other songs as well. One of my fave is from the "Traffic" days "Low Spark of High-heeled Boys".

That song was co-written with Jim Capadli. Thought the general premise might have started out different, in an interview Stevie said that it was about the record business.

I have made a card as an inspiration piece. The front features lyrics from the song "If I gave you everything that I owned and asked for nothing in return would you do the same for me as I would do for you?" The front and the inside are hand stamped in a cloud pattern similar to the original album cover that the song was release on. Here is a picture of the album cover:


Now here is my card. It is available for purchase in my etsy shop. You can click on the picture to get to my shop!



Okay so let's wrap this Birthday Shout Out with 2 videos. The first is the "Low Spark of High-heeled Boys" from Traffic.



And the second is "Valerie" a Steve Winwood solo piece.



Happy Birthday Stevie Winwood, we love your music and keep churning them out!

So have a great day and don't forget ROAK Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie