Monday, March 30, 2009

ST. Baldrick's Follow Up

Hello Everyone!!!!

I hope that you all are enjoying your Monday!

This post is a follow up to my last. This past Friday evening, March 27, my husband Jim participated at our local St. Baldrick's Day event. We appreciate all of those who have sponsored him!!!

Like anything, when you are in a group of people, different things come up. My husband was asked what it would take to shave his full beard off. His answer $500. So announcements were made and our daughter worked the crowd and managed to raise $375 in a lovely green bowler hat. Jimmy was happy with that amount and sat down for the shaving. He also got to keep the hat!!!

Here is video of both his head shaving and the beard shaving. The beard segment begins at the 5:33 mark.



Well I certainly have to say the my dear Jimmy looks wayyyy different! But what a fantastic cause!

The St. Baldrick's organization, takes donations year round and if you feel so inclined to take part you can still sponsor my husband after the fact. You can click here and you will be taken right to his St. Baldrick's page to make a donation.

Also, through the end of the year, if you make a purchase at my stores and put STB09 in the message to seller box, 10% of your purchase will be donated to the St. Baldrick's Foundation!

Thank you all again, for your sponsorship to such a great cause!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie