Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Bloggers Creed....Turning Up the Crock Pot

Good Morning,

I hope that all is well with everyone. I think I am finally getting over the head part of the cold that has been kicking my butt severely since Saturday! It will now move into my chest, but at least I can function! Enough about that!

In my posting absence I missed posting about my Mom's birthday yesterday the 3rd. Happy belated birthday Mom!

Also, our close friends Rob and Lori, their youngest Gianna celebrated her 1st birthday on the 1st. Belated birthday wishes to you as well!

I think from here on out, I will take the Postman's creed, "Neither rain nor snow, nor sleet nor dark of night shall stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Maybe there should be the bloggers creed "Neither time constraints nor illness nor lack of creativity shall stay these bloggers from posting great content that followers love to read." That is the creed I will follow and BTW, my post office ROCKS!

I was watching GMA this morning and they had a segment about the economy. They had their usual cast of characters including Mellody Hobson, James Stewart (this is the first time I've seen him) and Dave Ramsey. The three debated what would turn things around, Melody said jobs, James said real estate and Dave said time. His quote is "We are a microwave culture and this is a crock pot situation..it has to cook up."

Okay so I get that all things heal with time, but did he not just scare everyone that much more implying that it is going to take forever to turn this around?

So, I love to make pot roast in the crock pot. It is a no fuss, no muss, type of a meal that my family devours. In fact, I just made it this past Sunday. Most times, I start everything in the morning when the kids have left for school setting the crock pot on low and it cooks all day long and right before serving, I add gravy mix and it's a great meal. But sometimes, I forget and don't start the crock pot until say 1pm. I do all the same things but I set it on high and right before serving I add the gravy mix and it's a great meal. Maybe a hair less tender, maybe...but still a great meal. Using Dave's analogy, why can't we turn the crock pot on high and still have a great meal?

Okay onto today's birthday shout out!

Today's Happy Birthday goes out to Chris Squire, bassist and the frontman of the group "Yes". He is 61 today. Through we have not heard anything formt he group in years, he is still recording as a solo artist.

Here is a video of one of my favorite "Yes" songs. Happy Birthday Mr. Squire!





I am off to reshoot the pics for my etsy shop! Speaking of etsy shops, be sure to check out my Mom's shop It's A Fairy World on etsy. She has some truly delightful things!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie