Tuesday, March 24, 2009

St. Baldrick's My Husband is Going Bald

Today I am blogging to ask a question, Can you spare $5 or maybe even $10? The reason I am asking is can you sponsor my husband Jim? He is shaving his head for St. Baldrick's on March 27th. In just a few days he will be going bald to show solidarity with all of those who have lost their hair during their battle with cancer.



This is Jim's fourth time participating. The first year was 2004 when my Dad was fighting his battle with Non-Hogdkin's Lymphoma and Dad was uncomfortable with his hair loss. The guy's at Jim's work were forming a team for St. Baldrick's Day to raise money for childhood cancer research and how could Jim resist? He didn't want my Dad to be the only bald guy in the room!

Participating in St. Baldrick's was a double blessing for us. Our dear friends Rob and Lori, their middle daughter Katie was diagnosed with medulloblastoma at ten months old. She has had surgeries, chemo and therapies. Grueling things that would put the average person down and yet eight years later, Katie is thriving, cancer free, determined to do anything she wants to. Our local paper wrote a story about her, you can read it here.

Sadly my Dad passed away in May of 2004. We all still miss him dearly. In fact my youngest son has never met my Dad, well not on earth at least.

We have other friends that are fighting this battle right now and I know that you have too.

While the St. Baldrick's foundation focuses their research on childhood cancers, in my mind research is research. If they make a breakthrough in one type of cancer, it will eventually lead to a breakthrough somewhere else. Perhaps we will see the end of this suffering in our lifetimes!

So I end this asking three things of you. Tell all the people you love, that you love them, life is too short. Please go here to the St. Baldrick's Foundation and sponsor my husband Jim Guthrie for at least $5 so we can reach our goal of $500 by Friday's event. Also would you please pass a link to my blog to everyone in your address book? The more people that can help the better!

Thank you for listening and considering to donate. We are all facing tough times, but we still have to find a cure for cancer!

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie