Thursday, April 16, 2009

Never Waste Time

"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life" Charles Darwin

Wow that is a big thought without even a good morning, but that is what is on my mind this morning.

Wasting time more so than surfing when you should be working, I am referring to wasting time so you wake up one day and half your life is gone. Wasting time so that you have no concept of where the month went, let alone the week or the day.

Time and life are equal to me, very precious gifts. I am sure that you can say, well we all have live, we all have lives so how precious could that be? And hey, time is always there so what is the big deal? But do we have lives? Are we really living? Are we using time to our best advantage?

There are things going on right now, with family members that make me think about all of this. Actually this has been on my mind since the end of last year when my father-in-law passed. About time and life. All the things I just spoke about.

I sort of made a promise to myself that I would not question where the year went at Christmas time, because I would know what occurred. I would know what we did, big or small. No have to think or search my memory for even a second. I would know because I lived it.

Having said all that, I will admit that I have lost track a little. I will never admit again, that I do not know where time went. I will more than know, I will have lived it! There is my declaration!

So how do we change it? How do we enrich our lives to the very hilt? I am sure there are slews of people out there who can give us tips about organizing our "time" to more into our "lives". And that very well maybe true, being more efficient could make things run a little smoother. But what I am talking about is way beyond having a smooth running life.

I am talking about relishing life, reveling in it, experiencing every moment good or bad and knowing what it was about. It is not about what I own or what I can buy, it is about being. Just being plain and simple.

I am not sure there is an answer other than living it. What is the saying, the proof is in the pudding?


Okay, so having said all that we can go onto our birthday shout out. If you have been reading for a while, you might think that my choices are a little obscure. Who really cares about Peter Fonda anyway? Well, when I pick out my birthday shout outs because something about them touched my life in a certain way. Some pleasant memory is associated with that person.

So today's birthday shout out is the late Henry Mancini who would have been 85 today. He was a great musician and composer. His music catalog is long than your arm. He was nominated for 72 Grammys (won 20), 18 Oscars (won 4) and many other awards. He did many musical scores for movies, TV, and Broadway. "Pink Panther" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's". My personal fav is "Peter Gunn". I never saw the TV show or the movie, but it was the theme for the "Blues Brothers" movie. In high school I played clarinet, well tried at least and one of the few songs I could play was Peter Gunn. So here for your listening enjoyment I give your Henry Mancini and his orchestra with Peter Gunn.....



Thank you Mr. Mancini for all your wonderful music and one very pleasant memory.

So I will wrap up today with I hope you enjoyed the musical selection, Thank you for sharing the memory with me and hey, let's go live like Charles Darwin shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments!
Julie